Fytotron (vegetation) chambers
The fytotron (vegetation) chambers simulate natural conditions for the growth of plants. They are used when investigating growth of plants and their reactions to stress changes of environment. The fytotron chambers are intended particularly for universities and scientific and research institutes.
Structure and equipment
- Partition walls and ceilings - FC system
- 120 mm thick partition walls
- RAL 9010, AISI 304, AISI 316
- Max. height 4 m, two-layer floor with a walkable stainless grate
- Bottom floor (basin), slanted
- Outlet with possible filtration of solid particles
- Adjustable height of stainless shelf
- Personal airlock
- Fluor lamps in two rows aside, ventilated by HVAC
- Illumination range 0 to 30,000 lx by day
- Illumination range by night none or the same as by day
- Step control by switching off individual lights
- Continuous lighting monitoring
- Height adjustment of lights (light ca 30 cm above plant top)
- adjustable shelves
- adjustable lights
- Range from 5 to 400 ºC
- Control accuracy +/- 20 ºC
- Temperatures below 50 ºC are not offered as a standard
- Monitoring of alarm states +/-100 ºC
- Monitoring of current spatial temperature
Humidity significantly influences reactions of plants or their yield.
- Range from 40 to 100 %
- Humidity monitoring
- Humidity accuracy and tolerance has yet been solved in relation to required temperature and illumination (min. +/- 10 % and above is being offered for the time being).
Removes soil heat and plant surface, influences breathing, evaporation and latent heat of plants and of substrate and the receipt of CO2 by plants.
- Speed between 0.3 and 0.7 ms-1, most often 0.33 ms-1
- HEPA filters both in supply and exhaust
- Min. 20 % of fresh air
- Velocity monitoring
The CO2 content in the chamber influences growth and yield.
- CO2 limits are not considered.
- If required, we offer ready-made products connected to HVAC.
- CO2 monitoring by means of IR gas analyzer